Things to do in Houston
Explore all of the things to do in Houston from the comfort of our conveniently located hotel. As a guest of Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, you'll be centrally located near the city's most popular attractions. Discover an unparalleled educational experience in the Museum District, enjoy a leisure stroll through Hermann Park, or catch the latest theater show at the Hobby Center for Performing Arts. An abundance of shops, restaurants, museums, and a thrilling nightlife are sure to keep visitors of all ages fully satisfied and entertained.
- Ellington Field Airport
- Galveston Cruise Port
- Galveston, TX
- George R. Brown Convention Center
- Houston Hobby Airport
- Minute Maid Park
- NASA Johnson Space Center
- NRG Stadium
- Pasadena, TX
- Texas Southern University
- University of Houston
How To Get Here
- George R. Brown Convention Center - Total Travel Estimate: 17 minutes / 11.10 miles
The George R. Brown Convention Center is a state of the art event facility in the heart of downtown Houston. The Toyota Center, Minute Maid Park, and the Discovery Green are all within walking distance. Discover 1.8 million square feet of space used for meetings, exhibitions, and trade shows. The glass facade of this multi-leveled facility offers exquisite views of the downtown Houston skyline. Visit www.houstonconventionctr.com for more information.
- Ellington Airport - Total Travel Estimate: 11 minutes / 7.90 miles
The Ellington Airport was once the largest aviation training facility in the nation. Between 1947 and 1949, Ellington Field was used strictly as a government Air Force base. Today, Ellington Airport is operated and maintained by the Houston Airport System and holds a strong military presence along with NASA. Every year the Ellington Airport hosts the annual Wings Over Houston Airshow. Go to www.fly2houston.com for more information.
- Texas Medical Center - Total Travel Estimate: 21 minutes / 14.27 miles
The Texas Medical Center is one of the largest medical centers in the world dedicated to high-quality patient care, research, and education. The Texas Medical Center features over 149 buildings and Includes 49 member institutions. All of the center's world-renowned hospitals, clinics, and medical research schools are not-for-profit and specialize in an array of medical services and treatments. Visit www.texasmedicalcenter.org for more information.
- University of Houston - Total Travel Estimate: 14 minutes / 9.52 miles
Founded in 1927, the University of Houston enjoys the title of oldest institution in the University of Houston education system. This leading public research university offers more than 300 undergraduate and graduate degrees and services, 37,000 students, annually. Visitors and prospective students can take a tour of the campus and facilities found in Southeast Houston. Go to www.uh.edu for more information.
- Texas Southern University - Total Travel Estimate: 17 minutes / 10.55 miles
Situated across the street from the University of Houston, Texas Southern University makes its mark as a prestigious, historically black university. The campus and facilities are located in Houston's Third Ward district including the University Museum and Sterling Student Life Center. The Granville M. Sawyer Auditorium is a historic landmark and home to year-round university sponsored events. For more information, visit www.tsu.edu.
- Pasadena -Total Travel Estimate: 14 minutes / 4.9 miles
Pasadena is a unique city within the Houston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area. Some of the most popular attractions here include the Bay Area Museum, the Armand Bayou Nature Center, and much more.
- Minute Maid Park - Total Travel Estimate: 17 minutes/ 9.9 miles. A must-see ballpark in Downtown Houston, Texas, that opened in 2000 to house the Houston Astros of Major League Baseball.
- NASA Johnson Space Center - Total Travel Estimate: 20 minutes / 16.26 miles
The Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center is a NASA space flight training and research center in Houston, Texas. At the Space Center Houston, discover activities and exhibits related to space flight. Feel what it's like to blast into outer space at the Blast Off Theater or experience life aboard a space station at the Living in Space exhibit. The Astronaut Gallery is packed with photos, exhibits, and a comprehensive collection of space suits. Visit www.spacecenter.org for more information.
- Hobby Center for Performing Arts - Total Travel Estimate: 17 minutes / 12.41 miles
The Hobby Center for Performing Arts is a state of the art theater located in the heart of downtown Houston's Theater District. Sarofim Hall and Zikha Hall host a variety of cultural programs, Broadway shows, concerts, and dance performances. Resident performance companies and series include the Theatre Under the Stars and the Masquerade Theatre. Go to www.thehobbycenter.org for information and tickets.
- Hermann Park - Total Travel Estimate: 20 minutes / 12.98 miles
Hermann Park is a 445-acre urban park nestled in the heart of Houston and flanked by Rice University, the Texas Medical Center, and the Museum District. A day at Hermann Park includes a visit to the Houston Zoo, Houston Museum of Natural Science, and the Miller Outdoor Theatre. Visitors and locals alike enjoy biking, jogging, picnicking, or relaxing on the park's lush green lawns. Visit www.hermannpark.org
- Kemah Boardwalk - Total Travel Estimate: 30 minutes / 23.80 miles
The fun never stops at the Kemah Boardwalk, a family entertainment destination located at the mouth of the Galveston Bay. Discover all your favorite boardwalk attractions including heart-pumping roller coasters, thrill rides, and arcade games. Take a spin on the Century Wheel or soar high on the Aviator. There are plenty of games, prizes, and restaurants to keep visitors of all ages entertained. Visit www.kemahboardwalk.com for more information.
- NRG Stadium - Total Travel Estimate: 14 minutes/11.4 miles. This stadium is the home of the National Football League's Houston Texans, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, the Texas Bowl, international soccer matches for the USA National Soccer Team, and other events.
- Galveston - Total Travel Estimate: 45 minutes / 41.2 miles
Galveston is a coastal resort city on Galveston Island and Pelican Island in Texas. Enjoy fun family activities, delicious food, and local art in this beautiful city.
- Houston Hobby Airport - Total Travel Estimate: 8 minutes/2.5 miles. Houston's main airport was recently voted a Top- 10 in Passenger Satisfaction Among Large Airports. Rest easy knowing you are only a short distance from your next destination.
- Museum District - Total Travel Estimate: 18 minutes / 12.58 miles
The Museum District is composed of 18 museums, galleries, and cultural centers all located within a 1.5 miles radius. Participating museums include the Buffalo Soldier National Museum, Children's Museum of Houston, Houston Museum of Natural Science, and the Byzantine Fresco Chapel Museum. The Museum District conveniently offers a free shuttle service between museums and art centers. Got to www.houstonmuseumdistrict.org.